Sunday, June 28, 2009

That's all Folks!

It's the last day of my exhibition today and I'm really pleased how it's gone. We've had nearly 3000 visitors to this remote spot on the Yorkshire Wolds and it's so nice to think these visitors have come specially to see my work, as we don't get much passing trade here!

Some of the originals will be collected today and the others that have sold will need to be taken down and prepared for hanging in someone's home. It's brilliant that they've sold. But it's always a bit of a mixed feeling when you take them off the walls.

I do miss them when they've gone, as often I never see them again. Actually although it may sound a bit sad, if I get the chance I prefer to deliver them in person and then I get to see where they're going to and where they're going to be hung.

But when I get back to the gallery, having delivered all the originals and see a blank wall it doesn't half spur me on to get my paintbrushes out again. So I'll be back at the easel by the end of next week, working on the originals for my next show in November!

And the gallery will be open Mon-Sat 11 till 4 in between of course, I've got some particularly nice bespokely framed limited edition prints which will fill in the spaces, so if you fancy a visit over Summer I'll look forward to seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment