Thursday, November 26, 2009

Best of Luck to the Blacksmith's Inn

The new owners of the Blacksmith's Inn, formerly the Blacksmith's Arms, in Westow, popped in to the gallery yesterday to buy some prints from me to decorate their newly-refurbished pub.
Mark and Jane Scholefield are re-opening the 300-year-old pub, which has been closed for two months, as a traditional inn and have restored its name as well as its former darts, dominoes and cricket teams.
The couple, who used to own Will's Bar in Malton Market Place, will continue to run a restaurant alongside the pub.
They bought a print of my red stag painting and one of my saddle back pig picture.
It is the opening night tonight and I wish them well. I hope their new customers enjoy the pictures...


1 comment:

  1. That is AMAZING!Even though i know it is a painting, i still feel the reality of it!

    ReplyDelete