Friday, December 18, 2009

Seal Pups Galore!

I didn't get time to go and see the seals pupping in Lincolnishire this November because my Christmas exhibition was so busy. But last week I decided to drive over and see if they were still there - and they were. In their hundreds!
It really was worth the trip. The spot that they land on is actually part of an RAF base, which in a way means they are well protected - even if at times things must be a little noisy for them, as these signposts suggest.

My daughter Lily really enjoyed seeing them. They came up so close to the fence she could have touched them!
Not only are the females feeding their new pups now, but this is also the mating season and males, or 'beechmasters' as the dominant ones are known, are rounding up the females too. To read more follow this link to my Gazette & Herald column.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is amazing. Wonderful photo shoot. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete