Thursday, January 9, 2014

Adorable badger cubs playing as they head out with mum


The way these badger cubs playfully chase each other round and round as they muck about outside the entrance to their sett is adorable - I think you'll agree!
I filmed them last April after waiting patiently in my hide for days at a time to see their first steps into the world.
I went on to photograph them throughout the year, from these first moments as they appear with their mother and on to their solo outings as they matured.
The photographs will provide studies for a new painting I am planning.
As they grew they became so accustomed to my presence that I have even been able to encourage one female to eat from my hand! Watch this space for new paintings as I gather together all my studies for a new composition!

No comments:

Post a Comment